Vencore Entry Level Application Developer in Arlington, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The Contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Applications Developer (AD) designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software for the JETS program. The AD works on an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The AD will also be responsible for contributing to an agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- High School diploma/GED certification with 1-4 years of experience - OR - Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree with 0 - 2 years of experience.
- Experience in the following technologies and tools: Java,Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic (VB), C#, and/orweb technologies
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Oracle / PostgreSQL / Pervasive database management systems
Experience with the following technologies:
- Angular JS
- HTML 5 / CSS3
- SQL experience
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team
Job ID 2017-48653
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Public Trust
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time