Vencore Systems Engineer II in Campbell, California
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) is the collection of systems that provides mission planning, precision targeting, route planning, mission distribution, and strike management of Tomahawk cruise missiles from sites located ashore and afloat. TMPC has evolved into five scalable configurations deployed at 181 sites, to include Cruise Missile Support Activities (CMSAs), Tomahawk Strike Mission Planning Cells (TSMPCs), Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs), Surface and Sub-surface Firing Units (FRUs), Command and Control Nodes (C2s) and Labs/Training Classrooms.
The selected candidate will report to the Systems Engineering manager and be an integral part of the Systems Engineering team supporting Vencore's TMPC products. Their mission will be to work with Vencore’s customers to verify the requirements and design of the TMPC software components meet the technical and operational needs of the US Navy. Core duties will include technical writing to describe the functional, performance and interface requirements, documenting design, conducting workflow analysis and participating in customer and cross-vendor technical meetings.
Job duties include:
- Conduct technical reviews of System/Sub-Systems Specifications (SSS) and Interface Requirement Specifications (IRS)
- Review and provide technical feedback for proposed software changes described in Specification Change Notices (SCN)
- Manage the TMPC Software requirements database using Cognition Cockpit
- Derive Software requirements based on customer's system requirements
- Write technical papers describing desired software and database changes
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system/software issues
- Participate in the TMPC Configuration Control Boards (CCB) and Systems
- Engineering Review Board (SERB)
- Participate in Software Code reviews and demonstrations
- Participate in Technical Exchange Meetings with Customers and other contractors
- Participate in reviews of Test Plans and ensure requirement coverage is complete
- General technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (Win 10), SQL Server and Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) and US Navy operations
- Experience writing software requirement specifications
- Experience using requirements management tools
- Experience with the Agile software development process
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Current security clearance highly desirable.
Job ID 2017-47992
# of Openings Remaining 2
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time