Vencore Information Assurance/Security Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The individual selected for this position will advise the Sponsor on how to design, create, maintain and modify an Internet Protocol network’s hardware, software, and virtualized components. This includes generating ICD 503 compliant documentation and ensuring compliance with security requirements. This requires a working understanding of the latest networking protocols, server technologies, application technologies, and security vulnerabilities. This also includes advising and assisting with security network accreditations, organizing and maintaining awareness of both physical and logical placement of network nodes, and translating network technology requirements into usable solutions. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems.
• Designing, developing and implementing security requirements within an organization’s business processes.
• Preparing Security Test and Evaluation plans.
• Providing certification and accreditation support in the development of security and contingency plans and conducts complex risk and vulnerability assessments.
• Provide information assurance support for the development and implementation of security architectures to meet new and evolving security requirements.
• Evaluate, develop and enhance security requirements, policy and tools.
• Provide assistance in computer incident investigations.
• Perform vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 4 years equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 15 years or more of professional experience.
• Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
• Demonstrated capability to lead a team ranging from entry through senior level SE and/or SME to accomplish a technical function being supported
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
• Active TS/SCI clearance with poly required
• Master’s degree in a field relevant to a technical function being supported
• Minimum 4 years’ experience working in the customer’s domain
Job ID 2017-47562
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time