Vencore IT Systems Architect in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Provides Systems Engineering and Enterprise Architecture Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the formulation of Enterprise, Mission, and Business Infrastructure Technology (IT) DODAF and Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM) artifacts, assessing mission needs and gaps, and conducting analysis of alternatives aimed at driving investment planning and service definition to support successful execution of agency Infrastructure Service Providers (ISPs) and Application Service Providers (ASPs).
- Documenting user capability and technology needs, available and forecasted agency capabilities and technologies, and resulting gaps.
- Conducting assessments of new and revised external stakeholder mission/user needs, guiding IT Policies and Directives and other stakeholder guidance (e.g., identification of latent and emerging needs in advance of change;
- Conducting capability gap assessments (i.e., difference between architecture needs and currently-funded capabilities); assessing program acquisition documentation to support architectural intent;
- Conducting technology gaps assessments (i.e., difference between gaps and available/forecasted technology solutions;
- Identifying, document and recommend potential options for eliminating or mitigating identified capability gaps, using assessment results to build or provide business case analysis that includes independent performance, cost, schedule and risk assessments in context with architectures, planned programs and opportunities.
1) Active TS/SCI clearance
2) Experience leading or supporting analysis of IT needs, IT capabilities, emerging IT technologies, IT gaps, and/or analysis of alternatives
3) 10 years with BS/BA, 8 years with MS/MA, or 5 years with PhD2 related profession experience
4) Ability to relate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues
5) Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience as staff officer and processing of decision support
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations Certification or experience with IT Service Design and Service Transition to Operations, and Continual Service Improvement
3) Infrastructure Technology (IT) Architecture domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Federal Agency, with previous exposure to DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF), and/or Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM) artifacts
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption, including Amazon Web Services and Cloud Services
5) Ability to lead and influence
Job ID 2017-48451
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time