Vencore Project Engineer I in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore is the prime System Engineering and Integration (SE&I) contractor for a National Program providing systems engineering and technical support services including verification and validation, readiness, configuration and baseline management, risk and issue opportunity management, schedule development, and anomaly analysis and resolution.
Vencore is seeking Project Engineers who will support a wide range of programmatic engineering disciplines for the intelligence community customer. All positions center on engineering support to the design, development, and deployment of intelligence collection systems. Support will span all aspects of the project development lifecycle from upfront conception planning, to requirements construction, oversite of development contractors, test & inspection, and through operational deployment. Candidates will be aligned to one or more projects based on both assessing candidates’ skills and experience, and by understanding candidates’ career aspirations to ensure they are supporting a project that aligns to their career path. Our engineers are system integrators responsible for ensuring mission success by integrating across all systems and capabilities, with a focus on improving overall enterprise effectiveness, efficiency, and innovation.
• Readiness Analyst : Works directly with the customer developing readiness plans, entry and exit criteria, schedules, product review checklists and other products necessary to execute successful readiness reviews of new or modified capabilities/services for the enterprise and system.
• Scheduler : Develop the draft, coordination and analysis of project and enterprise level schedules. Support the customer at the Schedule Review Board for each of the acquisition programs. Support the division level customer leads with identification of schedule items that require enterprise level visibility. Facilitate schedule related working groups to ensure enterprise level communication and understanding. Train and become proficient with the enterprise schedule tool suite.
Requires 0 to 2 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years no degree.
Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues
• Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
• Strong business acumen and customer relation skills
• Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability to multi task
• Space domain knowledge
• Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies
• Proven track record of success within the government, military, or defense industry
• Knowledge requests for Change (RFCs) through a Configuration Management Process
• Ability to work in a Government environment as part of a multi-contractor team
• Robust written and verbal communication
• A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible
Job ID 2017-48595
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Program/Project Management
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time