Vencore Systems Engineer III in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Content Systems Integrator (CSI) delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to meet the missions of its customers. CSI technical services modernize mission systems and segments to provide enhanced information technology capabilities to users worldwide. The CSI Foundation GEOINT (FG) project provides engineering to accurately render geospatial data for mapping and charting, and serves as a backdrop GEOINT reporting.
The FG Project has the need for an experienced systems integrator to define mission capabilities and services to meet customer objectives. Reporting to the FG Project Lead, the Systems Integrator is accountable for systems definition, project management and systems closure.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Proficient in Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) development and demonstrated experience with defining and analyzing business processes in the form of process models, diagrams, and
- Translates customer needs into system requirements
- Perform requirements analysis and capability gap analysis between vendor product and segment requirements
- Works on problems/projects where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of business processes and improving existing processes.
- Analyzes and assess customer business models and plans, and provide recommendations for efficiency improvements
- Assists in the translation of architectural concepts into system/segment requirements and interfaces
- Leads the development of key engineering products, such as CONOPS, requirements documents, and transition plans
- Actively participates in analysis of alternatives to establish a future architecture baseline
- Assists in the identification, tracking, mitigation, and resolution of technical risks and issues
- Integrates data domains Data Domains and agency initiatives into the future architecture
- TS/SCI Clearance (with current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / CS / Math / Science / or related technical experience
- 6+ year experience in systems engineering, or systems integration
- 2+ years of related experience with Topographic and Aeronautical Domains
- 2+ year experience in using software to present analytic results
- 1+ years of related experience with NGA or its IC partners
- Ability to identify technology gaps in capabilities and processes
- Knowledge of media production, communication, & dissemination techniques & methods
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative technical solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving technical and non-technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently (self-managing) & within a team environment
- Strong analysis, quality assessment, oral & written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- 1+ years of experience as a systems of systems integrator, or enterprise integration
- 1+ years of experience with any of the various Foundation GEOINT domains, e.g., maritime, aeronautical, topographic, GeoNames and Boundaries, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with agile engineering or agile development programs
- 1+ years of experience in cloud technology engineering
Job ID 2017-48670
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time