Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The SE will support the CTO with a variety of functions. The SME will conduct ad hoc analysis of the systems as they're being designed and developed. In addition, the individual will provide ad hoc assessment of the security vulnerability of systems outside the formal evaluation process. A focus on R&D and engagement with commercial partnerships will be imperative in this role to stay abreast of technology.
- Background in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong understanding of Linux fundamentals
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure deployment
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Information theory/statistics
- Network design and engineering
- AWS certification
- Presentation Skills
Job ID 2017-48271
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time