Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
General Job Summary: Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
The specific position responsibilities will include working with users to understand their needs and requirements for scheduling of satellite communication system, performing analysis to ensure the space system and segment design will meet the user needs, documenting the requirements, working closely with implementing contractors to ensure implementation meets requirements, assisting in testing of requirements, and serving as the expert when issues with scheduling of the system arise.
Assist in the coordination and tracking of the baseline, baseline changes (builds and PRs) through the customer organizations. Maintain analytical tools and databases. Understand and assess program artifacts that define the operational baseline. Support user integration and engagement activities in support of planning and conducting of test, exercises and new mission operations. Work across the customer organization on user outreach activities. Support the application of CMMA processes and standards. Support the development of training materials, SOPs and other operational documentation.
- Satellite systems knowledge (communications) – specifically for mission management and scheduling of users within the systems capabilities.
- System Engineering processes – full system lifecycle experience - interpretation of user requirements, allocation to segments within a system, requirements development, and documentation, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Excellent Problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to work within team structure
- Aerospace Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Math, Computer Science or similar technical degree
- TS/SCI w/poly
- Experience with customer acquisition of process and space based systems
- Experience related to end users and working conops development for new missions.
- Experience in developing resiliency systems, plans and conops to ensure high mission availability.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2017-48285
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time