Vencore Systems Engineering Manager in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore Landmark Ground Support Services (AOS) team is seeking a talented; business/customer/team focused System Engineer Manager to lead a team of engineers to excellence. The position will be located in Chantilly, Va.
As a System Engineer Manager for the contract, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the contract including staffing, financial management, and reporting. He/she will be responsible for overseeing employees and subcontractors. The manager should have a basic understanding of contract types. Candidate will direct the work of employees assigned to the program from the technical and administrative areas and provides leadership and mentoring to the team. He/She will work with the customer to define tasks and set expectations. He/She is responsible for the direct supervision of the Systems Engineering staff. HE/She will manage their team to ensure proper response to data calls. The manager will be responsible for the employment, training and discipline of assigned employees.
In addition the candidate is to provide support to include:
- Assist new staff members in starting work on new tasks. Coordinate with Security on crossover and orientation, set up new Non-Employee IDs, and provide time and attendance instructions and assistance as needed
- Performance Reviews
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
Active TS/SCI w/ploy
Candidates should have a strong Systems Engineering background with experience in ground requirements, architecture, and verification/validation (V&V) process.
- Demonstrated experience managing challenging contract day to day concerns
- Demonstrated ability to work and quickly transition across multiple tasks
- Experience managing/working with subcontractors
- Working knowledge of the organization's processes, programs, and policies of the customer especially as they relate to program evaluations;
- Expert representational, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, logical, and concise products;
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to interface effectively via written and oral forums with personnel at all levels of government;
- Expert skills using MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated expert ability to effectively work with senior and executive level government staff;
- Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
- SE&I experience working with Geospatial/GEOINT capabilities, systems, segments, services, architecture, analysis, capability implementation, process experience
- Ability to learn management tools
- Self- motivated
- Problem solver
Job ID 2017-48735
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time