Vencore Systems Integrator Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The SI will be responsible for translating the customer’s business requirements into specific systems requirements, or process designs for very large-scale IT solutions/architecture. Responsible for developing plans, implementation strategies, documentation, and developing enterprise-wide solutions at the system or subsystems level using internally created and/or off the shelf products. Responsible for analysis and identification of all or part of a customer existing or new network infrastructure, gather systems requirements, taking into consideration special technology needs. Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, provide direction for design activities, collaborates across the organization to address hardware/software interfaces challenges/solutions, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
The individual selected for this position will be required to sit in customer spaces and will be responsible for working closely with the customer management and staff personnel to provide overall Systems Integration (SI) support. The SI will provide programmatic, strategy, and technical guidance to the customer on their projects, requiring the SI to have insight into overall details.
- Assist the customer with establishing the strategic direction within the assigned organization
- Experience with project integration and documenting project lifecycles
- Experience with gathering and vetting requirements for specific customer needs; ensuring the requirements are complete, unambiguous and concise
- Provide project management support, to include scheduling, agenda preparation and record keeping oversight and management
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple requirements
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within the customer organization
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing/editing background
- Experience in leading, facilitating and documenting management meetings and technical review boards
- Assist the customer in drafting communication to internal/external stakeholder; track actions
- Develop, review, and maintain project documentation, standard procedures, process flows, roadmaps, CONOPs, and schedules
Prepare briefings for stakeholders, as required
Set up meeting logistics, as needed
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Previous technical writing experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work rapidly in a high tempo, dynamic environment that often requires multitasking
- Advance knowledge in MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, and SharePoint
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team and provide deliverables with minimal rework
- Must possess active TS/SCI with Poly
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2017-48284
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time