Vencore Vulnerability Research Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The individual selected for this position will serve as a subject matter expert providing an in-depth understanding of technology to enable implementation and provide advice and guidance necessary to resolve challenges with the area of the area of computers, networks, databases, applications, and wired and wireless infrastructures. This includes:
• Facilitating and organizing cross community forums with partners, industry, and academia to collaborate and exchange ideas and methodologies to overcome technical challenges.
• Analyzing and developing technical requirements, conducting in-depth coder reviews, characterizing digital signatures
• Conducting technical analysis of malware
• Providing technical inputs to system engineering processes
• Supporting testing requirements by writing basic test scripts, creating test matrices, developing test scenarios, and documenting results.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
• Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 4 years equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 15 years or more of professional experience.
• Experience/Knowledge of MAC, Windows, and/or LINUX operating systems
• Experience writing python test scripts and/or DART knowledge/experience
• Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
• Active TS/SCI clearance with poly required
• Master’s degree in a field relevant to a technical function being supported….
• Minimum 4 years’ experience working in the customer’s domain
Job ID 2017-47560
# of Openings Remaining 2
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time