Vencore Information Assurance Engineer in Classified, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Security Systems Engineer supporting the IC CIO Information Assurance Oversight and Compliance team. Evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems. Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government inform.
The position supports performs all aspects of risk management and the data protection across the IC. The Risk Management and Data Protection task supports the analysis, development, evaluation, and production of all IC information assurance (IA), risk management, data protection, and cyber security policy development, while balancing equities of the Department of Defense (DOD), Federal Government and its external IC partners.
The candidate will support the customer's CIO organization by:
• Supporting risk management for assigned information assurance bodies and policies.
• Developing and coordinating IC-wide certification and accreditation policies (ICD 503, DCID 6/3)
• Assist in the development and coordination of IC-wide information security management (FISMA) reports.
• Support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
• Assist with analyzing, assessing, developing, implementing, integrating, and maintaining security engineering and security architecture initiatives.
• Assist with conducting technical systems policy-based controls, periodic reviews, and post-assessments throughout the life-cycle of a system or a program leading to system or program security controls guidance.
• Provide information systems and security engineering support for the development, implementation, and evaluation of audit, authentication, authorization, and identity initiatives for IC ITE and legacy environments.
• Support the coordination, development, and review of policies and mechanisms to identify common Allied standards and guidelines relating to classification, testing, security authorization, information assurance, and risk management to achieve accreditation reciprocity.
• Review and analyze implementation plans from IC ITE service providers (IC agencies responsible for implementing IC ITE initiatives) across the IC
• Support the analysis, development, evaluation, and production of all IC IA cyber security compliance and performance reports
Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a closely-related Engineering or IT discipline) plus 10 years or more of developing, implementing, integrating, maintaining, and evaluating security engineering and security architecture for IT enterprise architectures
• Five additional years designing, integrating, and maintaining enterprise IT and related mission systems may be substituted for the required Bachelor’s degree.
• 2 years’ experience with RMF process
• Active Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification (CISSP)
Desired Qualifications (5 years or more of demonstrated experience)
• Developing, implementing, integrating, maintaining, evaluating, and presenting (orally and in writing) certification and accreditation procedures
• 5 years or more developing enterprise-level security policies and information protection plans for IC or DoD portfolios or families of systems
• Very familiar with at least 1 of NSA, CIA, NRO, NGA, DIA, DHS, FBI or DoD information security architectures
• Prefer ODNI experience
• Active Global Information Assurance Certification in Security Leadership (GLSC)
• Excellent communications, customer-relations, task leadership, and time management skills
Job ID 2017-48655
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time