Vencore Senior Policy Advisor in Classified, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
• Coordinate, plan, and perform intelligence information review and release activities for the ODNI to ensure accurate, timely, relevant, and complete responses to public, executive, legislative, or judicial requests.
• Perform analysis of high importance intelligence information and provide recommendations for information review and disclosure/release of such information.
• Develop and implement strategies to identify information safeguarding issues, including those resulting from unauthorized disclosure, inadvertent release, declassification, and overall safeguarding effect of release along with mitigating measures.
• Provide key input and extensive knowledge to position papers when executive-level decisions are required.
• Plan, develop, and implement information sharing strategies with partners consistent with the mission and vision of the customer and appropriate national strategies, plans, and orders.
• Utilize subject matter expertise to advise and support advancement of key intelligence and information sharing projects, ensuring proper agency coordination is completed in a timely and effective matter.
• TS/SCI with Poly
• BS+20, MS preferred
• Superior knowledge of intelligence sharing policy
• Expert knowledge of the IC structure and history, including mission and business functions; considerable knowledge of IC search and retrieval technologies and methodologies;
• Superior negotiation, influencing, and conflict management skills; superior ability to resolve complex, cross-component and cross-program issues; superior project leadership skills, demonstrated by implementing highly visible information review and release activities;
• Superior customer service skills and ability to anticipate and respond to customers’ needs in a manner that provides added value and generates customer satisfaction, even in situations in which the outcome is not what the customer desired;
• Superior oral and written communication skills and a superior ability to express complex and at times controversial ideas, explanations, and concepts in a manner appropriate for the audience (e.g. one-on-one, small groups, hearings and court proceedings, etc.) using a variety of formats (e.g. e-mail, counseling, briefing, etc.);
• Superior ability to balance competing work requirements to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met; superior problem solving skills and ability to identify complex problems, a range of options, and preferred courses of action;
• Superior interpersonal skills, as evidenced by effective working relationships with colleagues and managers; superior ability to work effectively as a team leader or team member; superior ability to understand the differences in roles to build team cohesiveness, reach consensus, and achieve team goals; share information, knowledge, and information with the team.
Job ID 2017-48440
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time