Vencore Space Systems Architect in El Segundo, California
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Assess Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs) and provide System of System (SoS) recommendations
to meet space enterprise requirements and capabilities for the Air Force Space Command (AFSPC). Identify and assess alternatives for achieving space enterprise capabilities (levels of solution from the full requirements compliance to the minimum acceptable capability), technical alternatives, alternative architectures, etc. Identify and report capabilities that could have an important impact on national security needs. Assist in the development of candidate architectures which are more resilient to emerging threats and/or are more affordable than existing architectures and systems. Provide detailed analysis to bolster/support investment decisions, orbit characterization, performance, resilience, costing, tradespace characterization, and requirements mapping. Support cross-mission area architecture development through the identification of potential synergies and efficiencies across multiple mission areas based off of existing roadmaps and AFSPC developed to-be architectures. Evaluate and characterize the known tradespace and ensure requirements mapping of newly developed enterprise-level cross-mission area architectures.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Master’s Degree is required in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physical Science.
- 3-10 years experience in developing roadmaps for future concepts to include space, launch, ground and terminal segments
- 10 years experience in space systems and national security, with a focus in developing roadmaps and architectures that are clearly aligned with future science and technology capabilities.
- Experience in developing candidate architectures that resolve common functions into common/enterprise solutions and reduce the cost associated with acquiring and maintaining multiple systems to achieve the same function.
- Experience in evaluating current AFSPC ground systems and identifying near-term gaps and potential efficiencies, industry/commercial technological building blocks, and benchmark other government organization’s ground systems to understand their rationale for their execution strategy and identify near-term gaps.
- Demonstrated experience working with team leadership, and program/project management.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force and DoD contractors in a development environment
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- Prior Air Force SMC program experience
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance required
• El Segundo, CA
Job ID 2016-43351
# of Openings Remaining 2
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time