Vencore Payroll Supervisor in Herndon, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Payroll Supervisor to support Vencore's internal payroll processes. This individual will assist the Payroll Manager is overseeing payroll in-house, utilizing Deltek Costpoint 7. This candidate MUST have Deltek Costpoint payroll processing experience as well as processing in-house for greater than 3,000 employees in multiple states.
• Assist with the biweekly payroll utilizing Deltek Costpoint 7 for 4,500+ union and non-union employees
• Review and approve weekly labor distribution reports and biweekly payroll postings
• Ensure payroll compliance with applicable state laws and company internal controls
• Review and approve biweekly/monthly deduction reporting such as unions
• Support quarterly, year-end payroll close and W-2 processing
• Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
• Assist with ADP tax transmissions as well as reconcile periodic and quarterly tax filings
• Maintains earnings and deduction codes as well as improve current system setup
• Work closing with HR on employee deduction and matters impacting payroll
• Assist payroll manager with special requests
• Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
• Answer daily payroll questions and requests
• Interpret new legislation impacting payroll
• Supports the implementation of and assists with the maintenance of the financial services modules of the company’s Deltek Costpoint financial system to ensure proper recording of labor and payroll expense transactions
• In-house, Deltek Costpoint experience in Labor, Leave, & Payroll modules is a requirement
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Multi-State Tax Jurisdictions knowledge
• Working knowledge of payroll processing, tax principles, and wage and hour laws required
• Proven customer service skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience, Skills: Working knowledge and proficiency of Deltek Time & Expense 9, Working knowledge and proficiency of Deltek Costpoint 7 Labor, Leave, & Payroll modules, Working knowledge of Cognos Reporting, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
Job ID 2017-48508
# of Openings Remaining 0
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance No Clearance Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time