Vencore Linguist in JBAB, District Of Columbia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- -Possess the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translations and summarizations of material, to include the ability to maintain integrity and meaning of material. Ability to translate written material and write effectively in the native language and English in the most information and formal exchanges.
- -Possess the ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material, utilizing the native language, for critical and essential elements of the information in the material.
- -Be able to review raw, unfiltered media, including media that may contain objectionable material including offensive, violent or disturbing images, including pornography. All objectionable material shall be handled in accordance with Department of Defense policies.
- Minimum clearance qualifications: Current TS/SCI with ability to pass a polygraph.
- Ideal candidate will possess an active Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) granted TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Minimum qualifications:
- -Any of the following languages: Arabic, Farsi, Chinese, Korean, Russian and Spanish
- -Have the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) or Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) test scores in the Target language and provide proof of test scores.
- -At least a minimum score of 3/3/3 (Listening, Reading, Speaking) for the designated language in accordance with the ILR or DLPT 5 point scale.
- -Possess the ability to: 1) Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English, 2) clearly and concisely express multifaceted concepts, and 3) develop ideas in a logical sequence leading to a validated conclusion.
Job ID 2017-46396
# of Openings Remaining 6
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time