Vencore Systems Engineer IV in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Specific Job Description: Position requires an experienced SI that is familiar with the unique aspects of the customer’s classified mission responsibilities and has experience across the entire engineering lifecycle of deployed large-scale systems. Project involves extensive coordination with multiple USG organizations across multiple USG agencies. Customer is unique in organizational structure and governance, and has a wide range of external partners and stakeholders across industry and the US government. SIs are fully embedded at the customer location (Tysons), and work side-by-side with their customer leads. Candidate must be able to partner with SIs and other support contractors across the customer organization in fulfilling the mission-
The candidate must have:
- Experience across the entire engineering lifecycle of deployed large-scale systems: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal.
- Strong project management skills and experience, to include cost/schedule/risk planning
- Proven record of building positive relationships with customers at all levels, as well as serve effectively as the customer’s representative in dealing with mission partners and stakeholders
- Ability to establish and maintain close working relationships with support organizations, e.g., security, contracts, budget and finance, within the customer organization and within the external partner organizations to ensure smooth and efficient mission execution.
- Experience in developing presentations, writing technical requirements and statements of work.- Experience required in capturing minutes and tracking action items and scheduled activities to completion.
The candidate will also be responsible within the same customer branch to prepare all branch-initiated requests for change (RFC) packages, and facilitate the progress of these RFCs through the customer’s change control process to obtain senior management board approval or disposition. Accordingly, the candidate:
- Identifies and maintains the configuration of all project documentation
- Tracks all problems and changes in documents and reports changes and current configuration.
- Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met.
Formulates or reviews proposed changes and,
Validates that each change request has met all the appropriate requirements before board submission.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in order to verify that changes are ready to seek board approval.
- Works with PMs to resolve issues and help define needs for change requests that could impede board approval.
- Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
Position currently requires travel only within WMA; OCONUS and overnight CONUS travel is not anticipated but is possible
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- BS Degree (technical)
- TS/SCI w/current BI and Poly (< 5 years)
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, to include Project, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Excellent Configuration Management, Systems Engineering, and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exhibit pro-active, agile, and dependable qualities
- Experience with DOORS
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of customer financial systems
- INCOSE Certification
- Prior customer experience
Job ID 2017-48504
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time