Vencore Aviation Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Aviation Engineer works closely with, and under the direction and supervision of, the senior engineer related to troubleshooting and servicing of mechanical and avionics systems of the aircraft, MRO and other similar activity centers.
- Assist in design, troubleshooting and servicing of mechanical and structural systems and equipment.
- Ensure that newly installed systems and those that have been repaired meet requirements mandated by the applicable standards (OEM, ISO/AS-9110).
- Participate in designing, purchasing, testing, troubleshooting and calibrating activities in general, mechanical, and aerospace systems on aircraft and in back shops.
- Inspect the mechanical and structural systems and equipment for compliance with manufacturer data and other applicable regulations.
- Recommend and guide the maintenance and operational personnel for improvements and problem resolution.
- Check and revise technical data to reflect the mechanical components current configuration and requirements.
- Analyze related technical publications and manuals (work instructions, DMWR, DWI etc.) to define and issue the special process documentation required to perform MRO and intermediate level maintenance tasks.
- Establish maintenance work tasks and conduct timely disposition of Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and similar technical documentation for mechanical systems.
- Develop and implement the fleet and maintenance reliability measures and operational parameters involving mechanical and structural systems and equipment
- Extract intelligence from fielded fleet data, component Product Quality Deficiency Reports (PQDR) and similar data, and develop recommendations for product and support improvements to improve reliability and overall airworthiness
- Leverage analytical skills and familiarity with military aircraft operations and maintenance to discover and investigate cost and readiness degraders within fleet data. Coordinate technical reviews, requirement analyses and implementations to ensure safety and airworthiness criteria are met.
- Monitor and participate in support activities on aircraft programs and coordinates with OEM, contractors and other functional groups to meet requirements.
- Recommend and provide technical guidance on aircraft integration projects requiring mechanical and structural processes.
- Verify ground and flight test procedures and incorporate compliances.
- Coordinate with equipment suppliers and OEMs to solve technical problems and recommend solutions.
- Prepare different technical reports such as, but not limited to, engineering change, technical discrepancy-evaluation reports and corrective action reports.
- Proficiency performing, interpreting, and applying mechanical and structural load analyses to assess the suitability of integrated designs.
- Review mechanical and structural systems schematics, drawings, and illustrations using AutoCAD or similar software.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical and structural systems, sub-assemblies, and parts.
- Ability to use aircraft/component IPL (Illustrated Parts List).
- Ability to conduct technical discussions on mechanical engineering with customers, OEMs and suppliers.
- Proficient in the use of CAD software
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and other data processing software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Experience & Education
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Experience in establishing depot level component repair and overhaul capabilities.
- Experience in component failure/root cause analysis.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Job ID 2016-44713
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time