Vencore UH 60 Subject Matter Expert Principal Technical Specialist in Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Senior Analyst/ Subject Matter Expert (SME)/ Technical Lead being sought to provide system support for an Army Product Management Office. Responsibilities include surveying industry capabilities and technology readiness levels to determine feasibility and options for improving performance and maintainability of the current aircraft fleet. The SME will assist in developing system specifications to inform competitive contract vehicles, early user assessments, and eventual management of system engineering processing in product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an SME within the Product Directorate
- Provide technical expertise regarding technologies under consideration
- Aid in identifying project requirements and in overseeing system engineering processes
- Recommend additive technologies to improve performance
- Help develop project costs/schedules, and coordinate technical activities
- Prepare and deliver briefings to senior management describing program status, issues, analyses, findings, results, recommendations, and conclusions as appropriate
- Ensure technical requirements traceability is maintained through product development cycles.
- Participate in software development reviews
- Coordinate qualification and test requirements with AED and the test community
- Advise developers regarding product system engineering guidance and policies
- Develop, analyze and implement risk mitigation activities
- Coordinate software integration with product offices
- Coordinate product external interfaces to include external functional and design interfaces as defined in the Interface Control Documents (ICDs) with external agencies
- Participate in interface working groups, review test procedures and plans that verify the interfaces
- Participate in test reviews and development of test plans
Requires 16+ years with BS/BA or 14+ years with MS/MA or 10+ years with Ph.D.
- Experience as a Black Hawk Pilot with Instructor Pilot or Maintenance Test Pilot skills.
- Highly desire prior experience supporting electronic systems and similar technical products
- Should have experience as a contractor supporting Army officers and with close coordination between O-5 and O-6 organizations
- Experience in collaborating with other systems SMEs, logistics SMEs, cost analysts, acquisition analysts, and trainers
- Some travel may be required
- Must currently possess an active SECRET clearance
Job ID 2016-44344
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Subject Matter Expert
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time