Vencore Data/Cloud Architect in Reston, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore provides pre- and post-acquisition support for system development, including System and Solution Architecture; collecting mission needs, developing technical requirements, integration and project management throughout the development cycle, independent verification and validation, transition to operations, end-to-end requirements management and configuration management. This contract supports an Intelligence Community organization which is responsible for providing mission-specific applications in the fight against terrorism.
The Data/Cloud/Architect performs technical planning, defines specifications that incorporate software, hardware, network, data requirements and technologies to establish an IT Enterprise. Design and specifications shall consider Analysis of Alternatives, cost and risk analysis, and supportability total systems. This individual defines the appropriate data standards, data structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the data needs. They are a technical resource in the planning of data models, plans and database structural designs for development and integration into the customers data management structure and enterprise.
- Develop customers To-Be Cloud Architecture in AWS / C2S, leveraging a services based architecture and Big Data technologies/solutions leveraging Hadoop and other Big Data Technologies
- Evaluate existing IT systems (Oracle, Mark Logic) and provide recommendations for To-Be architecture compliance/evolution, including specific recommendations for implementation within AWS
- Provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new data standards and data storage capabilities
- Experience in executing multiple data storage, data management, and data transfer technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL, XML and JSON
- Development of Investment Business Cases and Acquistion work products for new capabilities and enhancements to be implemented, including Mission CONOPs development, technical requirements development, and development of cost estimates
- Prepare and provide recommendations for IT standards, especially those required for implementation leveraging IC-ITE and/or Amazon Web Service
- Prepare technical implementation road maps to support the evolution of existing capabilities to the To-Be architecture, including leveraging AWS / C2S specific services to implement the To Be architecture
- Provide support to update both To-Be, As-Is, and Technical Roadmaps as the architecture is implemented
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- At least 7 years experience in developing Big Data database models in Hbase, Cassandra, or other Big Table like technologies
- At least 10 years experience in identifying, architecting, and recommending Mass Analytics technologies and solutions in a Big Data and Cloud environment.
- At least 15 years experience in data architecture and integration ranging from conceptual to physical implementations; including Metadata Strategies, Data Modeling, Data Ingestion, Storage and Search & Retrieval services; Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- B.S. in engineering or a technical discipline
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Hadoop/No SQL or related Big Data experience
- Experience with AWS - architecture (AWS Architecture Certification); use of EMR and other Big Data Technologies in the AWS environment
- Familiarity with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience in executing a multi-layer architectures
- Experience with Oracle or MarkLogic COTS software products
- Experience across numerous engineering disciplines
- Experience with Customer's environment and its Partners systems.
Job ID 2017-47697
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time