Vencore Systems Engineer IV in Saint Louis, Missouri
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsibilities include the following :
- Conduct analysis of operational capability threads to mission needs associated with candidate retirement systems to ensure capabilities are satisfactorily mapping to the desired state of the GEOINT CONOPs and the NSG and NGA strategies and visions.
- Identify capability redundancies for divestment opportunities to reduce NGA’s total cost of ownership with minimal mission impact.
- Identify enduring capabilities and system requirements to migrate from the candidate legacy system to modernized systems.
- Identify redundant, obsolete and non-essential capabilities and requirements that can be deprecated from the enterprise architecture and requirements baseline.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and adjacent systems engineering teams to develop cost-benefit analysis; determine milestones, requirements migration, risks; and assist with transition processes (licenses, security, testing, deployment, disposal, etc.).
- Deliver documentation to demonstrate traces of operational capabilities and system requirements from the legacy system to the future system.
- Generate artifacts to support the development of transition plans by the programs for transition/divestment activities (i.e. artifacts and analysis to the RFC originator).
- Develop and deliver retirement recommendations to stakeholders at decision boards.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / Math / Science / Engineering or related technical experience
- 11+ full years of experience in related field
- SE&I experience working with NSG/NGA or GEOINT Mission Partner systems/segments
- Experience with NGA systems and GEOINT Architecture
- Ability to conduct technical trade studies and analysis
- Experience applying system engineering processes, and detailed implementation planning to complex systems or enterprises
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable about IC Cloud Computing Initiatives, virtualization (HW & SW), SOA, open standards initiatives, and NIST framework
- Experience with the NGA Change Management Process
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Windows XP
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the NGA organization, strategy and mission
- Working knowledge NGA Foundation GEOINT, Analysis, Infrastructure, and/or Exploitation systems
- Working knowledge of the NSG and NGA Acquisition Processes
- Relevant SE&I (INCOSE), Agile (Scrum) certifications
- Familiarity with NGA leadership and organization
- Experience with JIRA Scrum
- Project/Task Leadership skills and experience
Job ID 2017-48558
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time