Vencore Business Process Consultant Senior Technical Specialist in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Demonstrated experience in consulting with a specialization in business and operational process change. Provides process engineering technical support expertise to production activities and plant projects to improve unit operations. Analyzes processes and re-engineering alternatives, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment. Creates process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and communicating these changes to impacted Business Systems teams. Performs supply chain analyses and develops related recommendations. Uses analyses to develop recommended operational improvements, lowering costs and improving customer service. Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts, such as Six Sigma, ISO 9004. Has specialized experience in modeling business processes and requirements (using structured tools and techniques, i.e. use-case scenarios) and integrating them with data and system architectural models and requirements.
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Strategic Business Management Support Services
In support of the Emerald contract at NGA, the following activities represent the type of work to be performed in support of the customer in the Strategic Business Management Support role.
This is not an all-inclusive list. Instead, it is meant to provide a generalized understanding of the type of work to be performed.
- Business Process Analysis- Evaluate and document current business, management and general work processes and identify opportunities for improvement. Analyze the effectiveness of processes and make improvement recommendations to the Government. Recommend and facilitate the implementation of new and / or improved processes and provide organizations with a means to measure results. Aggregate and analyze performance management data at the program and enterprise levels. Recommend roadmaps to support alignment of the people, processes, and resources within an organization. Using process analysis techniques: interact with relevant stakeholders to assess the need for replacing existing systems or acquiring new systems. Analyze and compile recommendation on NGA business process best practices. Develop periodic and analytical presentations for NGA senior management, NSG Program Management Review (NPMR) and other management reviews.
Organizational Change Management- Develop plans and recommendations to assist in the transition of business processes and the implementation of new processes. Recommend and facilitate implementation of techniques to change organizational behavior that result in improved organizational performance.
Communications- Advise NGA and its subordinate organizations regarding strategic messages regarding support of mission priorities, goals, and accomplishments. Ensure the strategic message is defined, developed, and coordinated with the appropriate stakeholders. Communicate strategic messages to key leadership officials within the agency and to key NSG partners, including the Combatant Commanders (COCOMS) and members of DoD and the Intelligence Community. Produce NGA publications and official memoranda for internal and external customers.
- Continuity of Operations (COOP)- Conduct technical assessments of current and future DoD and IC efforts for COOP to determine the impact on the NSG. Assist with review and evaluation of strategic direction for systems to participate in COOP architectures.
- Foreign Military Sales- Provide services to support Foreign Military Sales. Conduct pricing and availability surveys. Assist the program office in compiling procurement packages in the NGA procurement system and all accompanying documentation required for procurements.
- Planning- Participate in NGA planning activities with Mission Partners, and development contractor sponsored Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and working groups. Develop and update program business plans, advocacy briefings, and program schedules in accordance with IBES/IPOM/CBJB budget estimates and current year funding execution activities. Develop and coordinate Project Plans and project approval documentation (i.e., Accommodation Procurement Packages, etc.).
- Security- Advise NGA managers in developing appropriate security plans and procedures. Produce security related documentation.
- Workforce Management- Perform forecasting and the analysis of workforce trends. Perform manpower planning and advise the Government on requirements, policies, and implications of various courses of action. Assess manpower issues and provide reports for Government determinations. Recommend best practices for strategic workforce plans. Track status of personnel actions. Perform independent research and data collection related to workforce planning in support of: civilian manpower resource planning; POM, IPOM, Public Sector Budget (PSB), and CBJB development; and measurement assessments.
Job ID 2017-47066
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Program Control
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time