Vencore Expert - Project Scientist in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Position requires qualifications and skills in a variety of scientific disciplines in support of advanced research and development activities (basic research, applied research and advanced technology development). Qualified individuals must hold a degree in a core scientific discipline or demonstrated knowledge and expertise in core disciplines. Core disciplines include, but are not limited to, photogrammetry, geodesy, mathematics, statistics, physics and image sciences. Scientists must be capable of independent research and development as well as leadership of small teams. The focus of effort includes conducting research and development in new areas through innovative ideas and experimentation. This position will apply expertise from core sciences that support NGA’s mission to meet its requirements and provide the best solution to the broader NSG.
• Assist with conducting research and experimentation in support of the core sciences within NGA (e.g. photogrammetry, remote sensing, mathematical and statistical).
• Assist with designing and executing experiments to proof-of-concepts in both laboratory and operational environments.
• Apply scientific domain knowledge to the development of innovative and original algorithms and techniques that are required for the success of Agency as the Functional Manager for GEOINT.
• Assist with conducting research and development projects in which the scientific research aspect dominates. This may include working with contractor scientists and other domain experts.
• Explain important and relevant scientific issues and trends to non-technical audiences (e.g., operational, leadership and management personnel). Provides this information both verbally and in writing. Take the initiative in identifying these issues and trends and prepares research proposals for management.
• Assist with the forming of strategic technology investments and feasibility of research areas and projects.
• Assist with demonstrating and documenting the ability to translate mission requirements into information terms and to support SAR imagery analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree within a core science area with 20 years of total experience and 15 years of specialized experience in core disciplines defined below.
• Demonstrated specialized experience with NTM, commercial and airborne sources and exploitation capabilities.
• Computer programming skills in multiple languages.
• Demonstrated specialized experience in the intelligence community focused on state of the art GEOINT research and developmental activities.
• Demonstrated specialized experience in researching and developing geospatial solutions for photogrammetry and remote sensing.
• Demonstrated specialized experience in the following areas: Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT), Image Intelligence (IMINT), Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), and deep-space projects.
• Demonstrated specialized experience working with various Intelligence Community and Demonstrated specialized experience in the intelligence and defense communities working on state of the art research activities.
• Advanced Degree(s) in a technical or scientific field.
• Published author in peer review journal(s).
• Demonstrated understanding of software engineering tools to write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Demonstrated specialized experience developing and modifying software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying system flows and work processes.
Job ID 2017-47953
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time