Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Unknown, United Kingdom
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Position is for site Systems Engineering support to a Government Chief Systems Engineer in accordance with the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture (ESEA) contract. This position is located in the United Kingdom and requires security clearance processing to be fully completed prior to the selected candidate’s sponsored relocation. The selected candidate will apply the skills and competencies of a systems engineer to advise and support the Field Site elements in applying proven industry Systems Engineering processes and methodologies to effectively and efficiently address Site needs. The selected candidate must be able to tailor SE processes and adapt Site processes/methodologies to fit Site resource constraints and still provide timely value added support. This individual will need to communicate with Site organization elements that do not have SE backgrounds and may not have experienced these disciplines/approaches in past job experiences. The SE focus will be primarily on the right side of the SE V model addressing the integration of systems/capabilities developed elsewhere into the Site baseline, O&M of mission/systems, and decommissioning. The Systems Engineer (SE) will be required to provide status and progress reports to the Site Leadership as required. The SE will be expected to utilize “reach-back” capabilities to other Vencore operating elements when needed and develop growth and extension of tasks as new opportunities surface in support of the Government.
Bachelors degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years or more of professional experience; or 13 years with a related Masters, or 13 years with a related PhD degree. Viewed as a senior authority in discipline.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate working groups and integrated product teams.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project
- Ability to conceptualize and design Integrated Master Schedules and Plans (IMS/IMP).
- Ability to work independently and on a team consisting of other contractor and government personnel.
- Excellent communication skills at all management levels (both written and verbal)
- Experience in preparing and presenting briefs for senior government program managers
- Ability to establish and execute Systems Engineering processes, particularly Baseline Configuration Management
Ability to coordinate on-going activities with Hardware Planning, Installation and Integration, Civil Engineering and Systems Engineering groups in evaluation and approval of new mission system installationsDesired Skills +
Knowledge of Configuration Management controls and processes
Knowledge of Change Management
Knowledge of system migration planning
- ITIL certification
- Experience in the development of Facilities Roadmaps/Plans
- Field Site experience
Intelligence Community experience
Ability to think and execute “outside the box”, against the norm.
Experience with power, space and cooling planning and management
- Experience with Architecture Baseline Definition
Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle
Demonstrated understanding of cloud architecture, ingesting and processing.
Experience in developing cloud analytics
- DOD 8570.1 IASAE training
Job ID 2017-47568
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time