Vencore Systems Engineering Senior Manager in Unknown, United Kingdom
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsible for the direct supervision of the Systems Engineering/Analysis staff. Reviews and prioritizes network needs and analyzes project costs and feasibility. Develops systems analysis standards and methodology consistent with technical requirements. Schedules staff to obtain proper response in a timely manner. Reviews recommendations for systems improvement. Responsible for the employment, training and discipline of assigned employees.
Position is a Team Leader role for site Systems Engineering support to a Government Chief Systems Engineer in accordance with the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture (ESEA) contract. This position is located in the United Kingdom and requires security clearance processing to be fully completed prior to the selected candidate’s sponsored relocation.The selected candidate will apply the skills and competencies of a senior systems engineer to advise and support the Field Site elements in applying proven industry Systems Engineering processes and methodologies to effectively and efficiently address Site needs. The selected candidate must be able to tailor SE processes and adapt Siteprocesses/methodologies to fit Site resource constraints and still provide timely value added support. This individual will need to communicate with Site organization elements that do not have SE backgrounds and may not have experienced these disciplines/approaches in past job experiences. The SE focus will be primarily on the right side of the SE V model addressing the integration of systems/capabilities developed elsewhere into the Site baseline, O&M of mission/systems, and decommissioning. The candidate will need to be familiar with resource management techniques for manpower, power, space, cooling, software, and systems and be able to support planning and consolidation/integration of work packages. The Systems Engineer (SE) will be required to provide status and progress reports to the Site Leadership as required. As a senior level Systems Engineer, the candidate will be expected to train and mentor other engineers and customers in customer methodology and processes and also support site-specific process improvement and training activities, and encourage the adoption of sound SE principles and practices. The SE will be expected to utilize “reach-back” capabilities to other Vencore operating elements when needed and develop growth and extension of tasks as new opportunities surface in support of the Government.
Bachelors degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 20 years or more of professional experience; or 18 years with a related Masters, or 15 years with a related PhD degree. Viewed as the most senior authority in discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in Team Leadership
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and long range planning.
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud architecture, ingesting and processing.
- Ability to think and execute “outside the box”, against the norm.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate working groups and integrated product teams.
- Ability to analyze integrated program portfolio and perform cost, schedule, and performance trade studies.
- Ability to conceptualize and design Integrated Master Schedules and Plans (IMS/IMP).
- Ability to work independently and on a teamconsisting of other contractor and government personnel.
- Excellent communication skills at all management levels (both written and verbal)
- Experience in preparing and presenting briefs for senior government program managers
- Ability to establish and execute Systems Engineering processes, particularly Baseline Configuration Management
- Ability to coordinate on-going activities with Hardware Planning, Installation and Integration, Civil Engineering and Systems Engineering groups in evaluation and approval of new mission system installations
- Knowledge of Configuration Management controls and processes
- Knowledge of Change Management
- Knowledge of system migration planning
- ITIL certification
- Experience in the development of Facilities Roadmaps/Plans
- Field Site experience
- Intelligence Community experience
- Experience with power, space and cooling planning and management
- Experience with Architecture Baseline Definition
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in developing cloud analytics
- DOD 8570.1 IASAE training
Job ID 2016-44036
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time