Vencore Distributed Common Ground System Army (DCGS-A) in Vicenza, Italy
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Provide Functional and Technical Support to the diverse community of DCGS-A – Distributed Common Ground Station - Army System.
- Assist in the instruction and daily maintenance of all DCSG-A associated equipment with customers to assure accuracy.
- Provide Onsite Briefings for all unit personnel
- Provide Over-the-Shoulder Training support for all DCGS-A users
- Perform Technical Troubleshooting
- Resolve Procedural Issues
- Maintain and update an electronic database of common procedural issues and solutions or quick fixes to known issues
- Capture and File Electronic Trouble Reports and Software Change Requests
- Assist in Implementing New DCGS-A Subsystems
- Report Data Quality Issues to Unit Personnel
- Support Remote Deployments
- Short duration travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Coordinate Hardware/Software Replacements and Repairs
- Assist in Fielding New Hardware
- Assist in Fielding New Software Versions
- Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills required to execute all field service Technician tasks assigned
- Perform other duties as required
BA/BS and 5 years experience or 9 years total experience without BA/BS
This technician performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs hardware and software repair, replacement, troubleshoot, installation and over the shoulder training support for the DCGS-A.
IAT level II certified
Job ID 2017-47068
# of Openings Remaining 2
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time