Vencore Sr. Space Systems Engineer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
This is a senior lead engineering positions supporting all aspects of space systems engineering requirements with a focus on RF systems and support to the space situational awareness mission. This engineer researches, designs, develops, analyzes, and/or tests spacecraft systems. Performs a variety of technical tasks including development/maintenance of engineering models, performing engineering analyses (modeling and simulation), reviews of engineering data/requirements, and/or verification & validation of complex space vehicles and systems. Analyzes space product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs, which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods. Analyzes project engineering data and proposals to determine feasibility, productibility, cost, and production time of pace products and systems. Directs and coordinates activities of engineering or technical staff designing, fabricating, modifying, analyzing, or testing of space systems. Develops design criteria for space products or systems, including testing methods, production costs, quality standards, and completion dates. Plans and conducts experimental, environmental, operational and stress tests on models and prototypes of aircraft and aerospace systems and equipment. Formulates mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design according to customer engineering requirements. Evaluates new technologies for application in improving design of space systems. Plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates testing of space systems.
This position will have emphasis in conducting analysis on RF and RADAR system supporting SSA mission areas. The contractor shall evaluate RF system impacts and mitigation options for given designs within the broader systems engineering context including ionospheric modification, RF antenna design, algorithms that optimize source detection & location, relationships between noise, sensor cadence, and location error, and analysis of other Government- defined performance metrics.
* Master's Degree in related engineering discipline (space systems, aero, EE, some others)
* At least 13 years of experience in space system engineering, at least 10 of those in DoD/military projects
* Significant experience in RF systems analysis and design particularly RADAR systems and space systems
* Recent work on DoD space situational awareness and/or defensive space related programs
* TS/SCI cleared
* Experience in system and operational requirements development and analysis
* Ability to quickly assume leadership role and drive technical support to customer while maintaining coordination with dispersed team
* Excellent at routine multi-tasking, priority balancing, and dynamic planning
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communications capabilities
* Experience with RF link modeling process and application
* EM/RF modeling and simulation
* Current or recent SAP access
* Experience in AGILE development processes
* Recent experience in advanced hardware and software development environments
* Experience with JAVA, SQL, cloud applications
* Experience with JIRA
* Signal processing experience
* Experience using MATLAB
* Experience with RF lab and testing equipment
Job ID 2018-50052
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time