Vencore Aerospace Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore is seeking an experienced Orbit Analyst to join our team.
Responsibilities include providing Orbit Analysis support to the following areas:
- Perform and report on orbital analyses and trade studies for existing and future overhead SIGINT constellation
- Coordinate, confirm, and propose Orbit adjusts to meet current requirements
- Utilize tool suites (government provided and in-house developed) to support the positioning of constellations
- Leverage expertise in orbitology, SIGINT topics, and applicable tools to support customer outreach and training initiatives
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Expertise with at least one SIGINT discipline
- Experience analyzing constellation-level system performance
- Experience evaluating and developing orbital adjustments to meet operational requirements
- Strong systems analysis skills, with the ability to identify and accurately describe system issues
- Extensive domain knowledge and demonstrated understanding of user needs and operational environments
- High degree of computer literacy with ability to rapidly learn complex applications and data tools
- Familiarity with STK, SOMMS, or WEBSPINNER
- Familiarity with Matlab, C++, C#, Perl, or Fortran
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
Job ID 2018-49888
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time