Vencore Software Configuration Specialist in Arlington, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The Contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Software Configuration Developer is responsible for maintaining all source code, including branch integrity and build implementation. The developer will also design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software for the JETS program. The developer works on an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The developer will also be responsible for contributing to an agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Owner of source code, including the branches and merge process
- Responsible for frequent builds, ensures integrity of latest code
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred
- Experience in the following technologies and tools: Microsoft .NET, C#, JAVA and/or web technologies
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with build processes and tools (WIX, Maven, Gradle)
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Pervasive, Oracle experience
Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- Angular JS
- HTML 5
- SQL experience
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience in Model – View – Presenter or Model – View – Controller design patterns
Job ID 2018-50312
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Public Trust
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time