Vencore Cyber Range Development & Operations Specialist in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Vencore Labs (formerly Applied Communication Sciences) is a self-sustaining research center within Vencore that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, data analytics and cyber security. From smart grid to smart phones, intelligent highways to intelligent battlefields, Vencore Labs’ 200 scientists, engineers and analysts are consistently creating generation-after-next technologies and solutions. In doing so, our labs are helping to transform traditional government research. We connect our customers to advanced research and technology helping them to develop solutions to their toughest challenges. Accelerating the arc of transformation — from research to engineering to products — that’s what we focus on each day at Vencore Labs.
We offer very competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and a 5% dollar for dollar 401k match which is immediately fully vested, among other benefits. But the thing that our employees consistently cite as their favorite things about working here are: (1) the extremely interesting and varied nature of the work, which is cutting edge research; and (2) the extremely high caliber of their co-workers. Many of our employees are experts in their fields and work very collaboratively with their colleagues. Vencore Labs routinely partners with government, top-tier colleges and universities, and other companies in the industry to research and develop innovative technology solutions.
We are looking for talented, motivated individuals who enjoy working in creative, stimulating environments with other world-class researchers on cutting-edge technologies to solve the world’s problems and advance the state of the art in a vast array of problems in cyber security. You will work as part of a team to develop and operate a cyber range in support of cyber experimentation for various customers. You will gain insights into cutting-edge technologies that will enable you to be part of the explosive growth in cyber security that is currently taking place in the world. If you want to make a difference and have fun doing it, let’s talk!
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years work experience or graduate degree with at least 2 years work experience.
- Proficiency in at least one systems programming language (e.g. C, C++) and at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with operating systems (Linux and Windows).
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with IP networking.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with virtualization technologies including KVM, QEMU, and libvert. VMWare ESXi, Xen, and Hyper-V cloud platform management experience is also useful.
- Hands-on experience with setting up laboratory networking and computing equipment, especially experience in configuring and managing VLANs across switches.
- Experience with modeling and simulation of wired and wireless networks using discrete event simulation tools such as ns-3 or other similar tools.
- Computer system administration experience with Linux and Windows platforms.
- Working knowledge of software-defined networks.
Job ID 2018-50012
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance No Clearance Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time