Vencore Embedded Systems Engineer in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Vencore Labs (formerly Applied Communication Sciences) is a self-sustaining research center within Vencore that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, data analytics and cyber security. From smart grid to smart phones, intelligent highways to intelligent battlefields, Vencore Labs’ 200 scientists, engineers and analysts are consistently creating generation-after-next technologies and solutions. In doing so, our labs are helping to transform traditional government research. We connect our customers to advanced research and technology helping them to develop solutions to their toughest challenges. Accelerating the arc of transformation — from research to engineering to products — that’s what we focus on each day at Vencore Labs.
We offer very competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and a 5% dollar for dollar 401k match which is immediately fully vested, among other benefits. But the thing that our employees consistently cite as their favorite things about working here are: (1) the extremely interesting and varied nature of the work, which is cutting edge research; and (2) the extremely high caliber of their co-workers. Many of our employees are experts in their fields and work very collaboratively with their colleagues. Vencore Labs routinely partners with government, top-tier colleges and universities, and other companies in the industry to research and develop innovative technology solutions.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The candidate will work with a small team to design and build novel research prototypes in the areas of cyber defense and networking with the eventual goal of transitioning the prototypes into products. He or she will be responsible for development of both FPGA designs and embedded systems software, and should be comfortable picking up new technologies.
- US Citizenship and willingness to apply for a security clearance
- Hardware debugging and fundamentals of hardware/circuits
- FPGA development, debugging, and maintenance experience
- C systems level embedded development experience
- Communication between Hardware/FPGA/and bare metal/application C programs
- Oscilloscope or equivalent digital scope signal debugging
- Physical level network level communication fundamentals
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field ( graduate degree strongly preferred )
- Experience in an Xilinx chipset/development environment
- Active security clearance
Job ID 2018-50425
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance No Clearance Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time