Vencore CI and InTh Education and Awareness Instructional Systems Designer in Bethesda, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
• Conduct learning needs assessment to identify training gaps and validate existing learning materials.
• Accurately document all learning and business requirements, assist in defining scope and objectives, and formulate recommendations for appropriate training initiatives and associated modalities of delivery.
• Lead and coordinate training design and development efforts with multimedia developers, culminating in the successful delivery of both prototypes and final products.
• Assess and develop recommendations for the redesign, development and update of classroom and eLearning products.
• Develop and implement evaluation strategies for all associated training initiatives, and conduct pilot training and/or demos as necessary.
• Generate project documentation and participate in all progress meetings and reviews, both formal and informal.
• Manage and track training effort plans, action items, and dependencies.
• As directed, support and complete other ad hoc responsibilities within the scope of the task order in order to assist CI with meeting its mission, goals, and obligations.
• Provide a weekly report of accomplishments toward performance of requirements, as identified by the corporate CI staff.
• As directed by the corporate CI staff, serve as technical team or task leader and participate in special projects within the scope of the task order.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
• Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated experience in instructional design and development.
• Experience designing complex and customer specific learning solutions for delivery in traditional classroom, blended (technically mediated and classroom) and online formats to include the development of new and the conversion/redesign of existing materials.
• Experience conducting user population needs assessments, identifying training gaps, analyzing findings, and developing recommendations for appropriate training solutions.
• Experience designing and implementing advanced evaluation protocols (following Kirkpatrick or similar methodologies) to measure actual behavior or knowledge improvements demonstrated post-training events.
• Experience with technical writing capabilities and presentation skills (both oral and written).
• TS/SCI w/poly
• Master’s degree in Adult Education.
Job ID 2018-50336
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Instructional Designer
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time