Vencore FOIA Analyst in Bethesda, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Information Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Respond to public and official requests for review and release of classified and/or sensitive information under the FOIA, PA, or Mandatory Declassification Review.
- Assist the Office of the General Counsel, the Office of the Inspector General of the IIC, and other relevant organizations to ensure ODNI compliance with all aspects of the FOIA, and PA.
- Ensures information cleared for appropriate release is available for public inspection and/or copying/downloading.
- Enable the enforcement of the right of any person to access records, subject to statutory exemptions, for any public or private purpose.
- Ensure individuals have the ability to amend records of personal identifiable information about themselves.
- Prohibits access to information about an individual without that individual’s knowledge and consent.
The candidate shall possess, at a minimum, the followingeducation and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree insocial, physical, natural or,businessor computersciences;humanities engineering; mathematics, informatics, records management, or other IM related field.The government will waive the Bachelor’s degree requirement if the candidate has3yearsor more of experience inIMinvolving the collection and management of information from one or more sources and the distribution of that information to one or more audiences.
- General knowledge of the governing principles, laws, policies, procedures, protocols, regulations and statutes of IM, and overall familiarity with IM directives, regulations, guidance, processes and broadpractices of the IC.
- Working knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA); the Privacy Act (PA); the Open Government Act of 2007; E.O. 13526; and ICD710 and associated IC classification and FOIA/PA/MDR management policies.
- Demonstrated experience workingonFOIA/PA/MDR requests and applying appropriate exemptions/redactions to protect sensitive and/or classified intelligence information.
- Familiarity with the classification categories and proper handling of classified information designated as controlled access program, RD, FRD, and FGI.
Job ID 2018-49913
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time