Vencore ISE Law Enforcement Advisor in Bethesda, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
• Provide subject matter expertise on state and local (S&L) law enforcement issues to advance the mission of the ODNI among federal, state, local, and tribal (FSLT) governments through interaction and collaboration with appropriate mission partners.
• Plan, develop, and implement information sharing strategies with S&L partners consistent with the mission and vision of the ODNI and appropriate national strategies, plans, and orders.
• Advise the Government and support the advancement of key information sharing projects to ensure interagency coordination and compliance with policy, legislation, and appropriate authorities.
• Provide subject matter expertise regarding fusion center activities with extensive knowledge of relevant laws, policies, and regulations (e.g. 28 Code of Federal Regulations Part 23, Criminal Intelligence System, operating procedures, etc.).
• Coordinate and liaise, as appropriate, with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other partner agencies and associated professional organizations on issues impacting the National Strategy for Information Sharing and Safeguarding Priority Objectives.
• Coordinate development, implementation, and evaluation of the Information Sharing Environment (ISE) with FSLT and private sector partners, as appropriate.
• Take meeting notes as required.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Minimum clearance qualifications: Current TS/SCI and successfully pass a polygraph.
• At least ten (10) years within a law enforcement agency/department.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to express complex and at times controversial ideas, explanations, and concepts in a manner appropriate for the audience (one-on-one, small groups and large audiences).
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including a superior ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team or collaborative environment, and sustain professional networks both internal and external to the ODNI.
Ideal candidate will also possess:
• Experience working closely with national law enforcement organizations/associations, such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), National Fusion Center Association (NFCA), Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies (ASCIA), High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTAs), Regional Information Sharing System (RISS), etc.
• Advanced understanding of strategy and policy development, training, and project management related to information and intelligence sharing at the FSL level.
• Expert knowledge of fusion center operations to include policies and procedures.
Job ID 2018-50643
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time