Vencore Army Ground Vehicle Maintenance Monitor - Kuwait in Camp Arifijan, Kuwait
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
NOTE: This IS NOT an Information Technology (IT) related position; referenced data IS NOT digital data in an IT sense but more appropriately described as maintenance information. Therefore, an IT background such as being a network manager or a Microsoft Certified Technician are not necessarily desired background skills. What is viewed as not only desirable, but virtually mandatory, is qualification within an Army 63 or 91 series MOS.
Summary: To monitor and collect operational, supply and maintenance data, verify all data for accuracy, record data on SDC Forms, enter data into computer, perform edits and correct errors, write reports and brief Army personnel, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
- Understands the mission and purpose of the Sample Data Collection (SDC) program as explained in the Field Monitors Guide (FMG).
- Achieves data collection and review competency upon initial hire and recertifies annually.
- Develops and maintains excellent rapport with client unit personnel through periodic visits and meetings.
- Enrolls and disenrolls inventory as directed by program management.
- Monitors equipment usage and maintenance performed on client unit enrolled equipment.
- Collects enrolled equipment digital and non-digital operations and maintenance data.
- Manually enters or electronically imports validated data into the SDC data review application.
- Assesses and interprets collected data by performing research and conducting unit interviews.
- Processes validated data by performing edit and quality control checks in accordance with the FMG, applicable technical manuals, and other references.
- Approves data and transmits to management for quality assurance review.
- Maintains and files electronic records and forms as required by the FMG.
- Travels to client unit locations by motor vehicle or commercial transportation, as required.
- Performs administrative functions such as preparing and receiving email, obtaining and maintaining access to required Government websites and repositories, preparing and submitting basic reports and resource requests, completing corporate and Government training requirements, entering time and expenses into the timesheet application, and periodically cleaning office area and site vehicles.
- Must be able to legally and safely operate Vencore, Inc. leased or owned vehicles.
Foreign Locations: The following requirements apply since position is outside the United States.
- Must have a valid US passport and be able to travel to a foreign country.
- Must comply with all US, host country, and third country national laws.
- Must comply with US regulations, directives, instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Must comply with Combatant Commander orders, directives, and instructions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma required. Bachelors Degree a plus. Status of completion of degree or relevant work experience may be substituted for Associate Degree. Knowledge of the Army maintenance and logistics program. Knowledge of Army chain of command, operating procedures, Army Regulations and Standard Procedures. Knowledge of Army Maintenance Regulations and Procedures. Computer knowledge or experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The position requires walking, sitting, climbing steps, traveling, occasionally lifting of file drawers and other items up to 75 lbs., moving of equipment and furniture, entering and exiting Army equipment, and periods of field duty in all environments including extreme climate conditions. The operation of a motor vehicle and an excellent driving record is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Job ID 2018-50947
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time