Vencore Acquisition Analyst Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Senior Acquisition SME positions to perform oversight of planned and on-going Major Systems Acquisition (MSA) Programs, Service Acquisitions (SA) and other Special Interest Acquisitions (SIA) across the IC. Such oversight will range from quick turn-around, small-scale tasks to longer, broader scope assessments. This support will include, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on MSA and SIA Programs to assess program effectiveness within cost, schedule, performance and risk constraints;
- Developing, coordinating and implementing a construct for oversight of SA programs;
- Ensuring Program risk areas (cost, schedule or performance) are appropriately identified,and assessing suitability of proposed risk management approaches;
- Evaluating acquisition and programmatic strategies to ensure sound acquisition practices are employed;
- Developing recommendations for corrective actions when program activity warrants correction;
- Partnering with the appropriate IC and DoD elements to ensure cross-agency programs maximize use of IC resources;
- Providing in-depth studies, assessments and recommendations on IC Acquisition topics of interest;
- Drafting, editing and coordinating oversight reports, briefings or other deliverables in support of congressional mandates and requirements;
- Developing and delivering briefings as required to provide the results of any analysis performed;
- Maintaining cognizance of future programs, areas of interest and emerging requirements in support of IC interests
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Program Management, Acquisition or other related field.
- Experience as a PM or Deputy PM within the IC developing or reviewing MSA acquisition documentation (e.g. Program Management Plan (PMP), Statement of Capabilities (SOC), Intelligence Capabilities Baseline Description (ICBD), etc).
- Knowledge of Federal, IC and DoD acquisition policies, laws, procedures and guidance.
- Knowledge of the IC’s structure and IC member organizations’ roles and internal structures for acquisition and program management.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2018-50418
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time