Vencore Configuration Management Analyst IV in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements. Analyzes changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control. Designs and establishes configuration management documentation. Authorizes the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups
through the Request For Change process. Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable. May develop configuration standards for company wide use. May train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards. May provide guidance to less experienced employees. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management - DOORS, JSMART.
Considered an emerging authority, who applies extensive technical expertise. Develops technical solutions to complex problems. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
1) Active TS/SCI w/ poly clearance
2) Systems Engineering Configuration Management or IT Change Management domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
3) 8 years with BS/BA, 6 years with MS/MA, or 3 years with PhD2 related profession experience; or years of experience in lieu of degrees.
4) Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
5) Strong written and verbal communication skills
6) Responsible, reliable and flexible
7) Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations and especially Practitioner Certifications
3) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
5) Ability to lead and influence
Job ID 2018-50770
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time