Vencore Configuration Management Analyst Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements. Analyzes changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control. Designs and establishes configuration management documentation. Authorizes the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through the Request For Change process. Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable. May develop configuration standards for company-wide use. May train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards. May provide guidance to less experienced employees. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management (e.g. DOORS, JSMART, etc.)
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
The candidate will be responsible within a customer branch to prepare all branch-initiated requests for change (RFC) packages, and facilitate the progress of these RFCs through the customer’s change control process to obtain senior management board approval or disposition. Accordingly, the candidate:
- Identifies and maintains the original configuration of all documentation
- Tracks all problems and changes in documents and reports changes and current configuration.
- Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met.
- Formulates or reviews proposed changes and,Validates that each change request has met all the appropriate requirements before board submission.Collaborates with stakeholders in order to verify that changes are ready to seek board approval.• Works with PMs to resolve issues and help define needs for change requests that could impede board approval.• Facilitates board meetings which may include creating agendas, tracking action items and preparing minutes.• Coordinates modification records for management control.• Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
The candidate will also support group customer management in organizing executive level meetings and delivering executive-level reports. Meetings are both internal and external forums at the executive or enterprise level. Meeting preparation includes developing and coordinating the agendas, coordinating and compiling all briefing material, facilitating the conduct of the meeting, writing minutes and capturing and tracking action items. Extensive coordination, continuous communication, and flexibility are absolutely essential to successful execution of these tasks
- Ability to build effective relationships with customer as well as staff
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office suite products, to include PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent Configuration Management, and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exhibit pro-active, agile, and dependable qualities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Configuration Management disciplines
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with JIRA
- Prior customer experience
- Technical Background
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD or years of experience in lieu of Degree
Job ID 2018-50500
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Data Management
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time