Vencore Cyber Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Seeking a Cyber Engineer for a security vulnerability and computer forensic analysis team. The ideal candidate must display familiarity with Windows, Linux and Mobile (Android and iOS) operating systems and is able to conduct computer forensics and security vulnerability analysis.
- Analyst Role Description:
- Evaluate cloud services, web applications, and commercial-off-the-shelf software and hardware
- Perform network traffic analysis of web services to analyze raw packet data and verify that the system has no abnormal behaviors.
- Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Provide management with discrepancy reports and end user documentation.
- Communicate daily with program managers, management, customer representatives, and end users to ensure delivery of quality products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Computer Engineering, Information systems, or related technical field
- Experience within IC community/customer space
- Familiarity of various operating systems: Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux
- Scripting or coding experience
- Experience in network analysis methodologies
- Experience in drafting reports, documenting case details, and able to summarize findings and recommendations based on system analysis.
- Familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, EnCase, Sleuthkit and similar tools
- Experience employing advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis
- Law Enforcement/Cyber Forensics experience
- Experience in performing post-incident computer forensics without destruction of critical data.
- Experience in Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering.
- Desired experience ensuring quality assurance and the spreading of best practices
- Desired security certification: examples include OSCP, CEH, CISSP, or Security+
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Job ID 2018-50833
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time