Vencore Data Branch System Integrator in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting a dynamic, aggressive mission by providing responsive support by responding to actions, analyzing and reporting metrics, coordinating/facilitating meetings, managing/coordinating requirements, developing/editing documents and briefings, developing/refining processes and procedures, managing schedules and reporting status and impacts, and SharePoint Administration.
The candidate will be required to work with and coordinate with staff, teammates, and associate contractors on projects, ensure their Branch meets established deadlines, and communicate with other Division and Front Office personnel on actions and deadlines.
The candidate will develop/refine and ensure Group-level programmatic processes are followed on assigned projects; provide assistance/guidance as necessary. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Branch Chief in managing several high priority projects simultaneously, many of which will be time sensitive, and require problem-solving skills.
The candidate will serve as back-up to the Division SI (associate contractor) and as such, will be required to know the mission, people and function of the group and how it contributes to the greater group mission
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Previous SI/SE experience managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Previous on-site work experience
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Must be detail-oriented and methodical, yet able to quickly switch from project to project due to operational changes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and proven proactive approach to work
- Highly motivated and dedicated to deliver results in a timely and accurate fashion
- Meeting/Board Facilitation--including agenda management/coordination and meeting minutes
- Action Item Management
- Requirements Management
- Previous experience defining and/or refining governance/business processes; tailoring best practices to unique Customer environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Previous software development experience
- Previous data management/engineering experience—e.g., ETL, data processing, etc.
- Working knowledge of Customer's Project Management Framework (PMF)
- SharePoint Administration experience--creating/managing sites
- PMP, ITIL or Agile certification(s)
Job ID 2018-50351
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time