Vencore Network Analyst IV (SETA) in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Evaluate communications and network requirements and support the design and implementation of communications networks
- Performs technical analysis of software, hardware, and network systems, front-end processors systems engineering, multiplexors, LAN/WAN communications, network nodes, switches, and various transmission systems.
- Work with other programs to coordinate integration of enterprise communications/network services to be consumed/used by the Sponsor system.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Represent Customer on-site and at development contractor facilities – focusing on technical and programmatic aspects of the project
- Provide early insight into progress and issues, and communicate the ‘ground truth’ to Customer project managers as needed
- Provide in-depth technical knowledge on various IT networks to fulfill Customer mission requirements
- Understand computer network security requirements
- Leverage industry trends and technologies to recommend modernization of existing communications networks
- Foster communications between the Customer project managers, development contractors, other contractors/organizations, and fellow SE/SI team members
- Understand and help develop Customer-level requirements, integration and test plans/approaches (be an active part in Customer-level systems engineering)
- Understand development contractor/implementing contractor approaches to requirements
- Review and update CDRLs and project documentation for completeness, accuracy, and technical soundness
- Gather, summarize, and synthesize contractor data for special topics
- Review and provide comments on monthly technical review packages
- Oversee Discrepancy report closure efforts and provide recommendations to the Customer on readiness for DR closure
- Assess both network and user architecture products and performance of trade studies (to identify gaps, dependencies and discrepancies)
- Produce acquisition design artifacts necessary for integration and transition to operations strategy and a comprehensive CONOPS
- Conduct analysis and evaluations- making recommendations and providing professional advice and assistance to include preparing criteria and analytical aids, briefings, reports and presentations Create the function blocks to build an IT Network architecture(s)
- Plans and coordinates implementation of switch cuts, forecasts, and special projects within the network. Consults with users and evaluates requirements, recommends designs, provides cost analyses, plans projects, and coordinates tasks for installation of networks. Develops network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Performs future worth economic selection studies on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Meets with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, related artifacts to determine technical specifications for the system environments.
- Coordinating with technical teams responsible for the cloud hosting infrastructures in order to establish and maintain the environments used by the program for the development, test, and deployment of the final production system.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical or engineering field required (Computer Engineering, Network Engineering)
- Experience across the entire engineering lifecycle with focus on incremental developments to support specific field needs
- Ability to assimilate data, understand problems, and succinctly report status and recommendations to the Customer
- Ability to coordinate across engineering disciplines (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, development contractors, and FFRDCs
- Familiar with and experienced in the Customer’s classified mission responsibilities
- Project management skills and experience, to include cost/schedule/risk planning
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Proven record of building positive relationships with Customers at all levels
- Experience in writing technical requirements, defining interfaces, writing technical analysis (and associated management briefing packages)
- Must be able to partner with other engineers as well as other support contractors across the Customer organization
- Experience required in capturing minutes and tracking action items to completion
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Visio.
- NRO/COMM experience
- TS/SCI w/poly and current BI (< 5 years) – this is a hard requirement
Job ID 2018-50576
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time