Vencore NSG GEOINT Standards Modeler in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The candidate will serve as a member of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Standards Team.
The candidate will conduct UML Data Modeling activities to support maintenance and enhancement of the NSG Application Schema (NAS) Modeling efforts will also support the NSG Core Vocabulary (NCV) and NSG Enterprise Ontology (NEO).
The successful candidate would need to have strong System Engineering and Integration skills and a proven record of success with NGA and/or other IC Agencies.
The candidate would need to be a self-starter, comfortable working in a complex/multifaceted development environment, and has demonstrated success in establishing good Customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 16+ years of systems engineering, systems integration, or systems development experience, with a minimum of 10 years of recent agency-specific experience
- 5+ years technical experience supporting NSG systems, segments, and architectures
- Proficiency in using UML (Unified Modeling Language) Class Diagrams
- Knowledge of Object-based / Oriented Modeling concepts
- Experience developing logical data models
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-contractor / government organization
- TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- 2+ years of experience with data standards, data modeling, and metadata management
- Experience with NSG Application Schema (NAS) & NSG Metadata Implementation Specification (NMIS) implementation / programming,
- Experience working with eXtensible Markup Langugage (XML) encoding
- Experience creating and using ontology languages such as Simple Knowledge Organization System (SKOS) and/or Ontology Web Language (OWL)
- Knowledge of ISO 19100 series standards related to metadata, geography, GML, application and implementation of schemas & schema registries, & OGC exchange
- Experience with the policies and practices of the following Standards organizations: Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), ISO TC 211, Defence Geospatial Intelligence Working Group (DGIWG), NATO and Coalition partner standards organizations
- Knowledge of the following Standards organizations and their policies and procedures: GEOINT Working Group (GWG), Common Metadata Standards Tiger Team (CMSTT)
Job ID 2018-50348
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time