Vencore Processes and Tools Cloud Systems Integrator in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of NGA’s highest priorities.
The Cloud Systems Integrator will serve as a member of the SEIN Processes and Tools team and will provide systems engineering and project management expertise for several cloud activities.TheCloud Systems Integratorwill act as a technical point of contact for infrastructure issues,work with other teams to resolve integrated schedule conflicts, develop operations concepts in support of establishing new capabilities, and develop requirements in support of new capabilities in the cloud. The CloudSystems Integratorwill work side-by-side with contractor and government personnel to ensurethe successful planning and implementation of the customer's applications into the Amazon Web Services (AWS) footprint.
- Work cloud implementations andcloud migration process to integrate/migratelegacy and new applications into the AWS cloud environment.
- Work with architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect the customer’s needs, security, and service level requirements
- Navigate the programmatic as well as technical processes needed for systems to reach IOC in the cloud
- Produce weekly, monthly activity reports to government customers and the SEIN program
- Administration of Linux / Windows virtual machines to include the installation of patches and troubleshooting, creating and modifying application related objects, creating profiles, users, roles and maintaining system security
- Work with software development in C#, Java, and PowerShell - knowledge of PHP, PERL and VBA is a plus.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / Math / Science / Engineering / Information Technology related technical field
- Minimum of 11 full years of experience in related field.
- Leadership experience, experience leading small teams of at least 5-10 engineers.
- Working experience with OOA/OOD development in C#
- Experience with building databases; ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), Entity Framework; experience with SQL
- Working experience with scripting languages (i.e. PowerShell, MS-Batch)
- Working experience with .NET, Java 1.6+ (MVC and MVVM)
- Working experience with Visual Studio 2012+
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in AWS architecture
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Release engineering and Operations approach
- Experience with systems architectures (hardware, software, networking, and databases)
- Experience with Windows/Linux command-line interface (powershell/bash)
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Able to work with multiple government customer stakeholders while meeting strict timelines
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Experience with AWS/C2S Services:Management - CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager, IaaS - EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier
- Administrative experience with relational databases (AWS RDS, IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
- SSL certificate implementation
- Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (AWSCLI, CloudFormation)
- Working knowledge ICD 503 compliance
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the NGA organization and programs and ASP vs. ISP knowledge.
Job ID 2018-50497
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time