Vencore Project Engineer IV in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Responsible for technical/operational leadership of a project/mission or group of projects/missions within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer. Defines, generates, and reviews project requirements documentation. Candidate will perform technical studies to refine project requirements. Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received. Candidate may conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
The candidate will be working directly with customers to define enterprise scheduling processes and best practices across the organization. You will need to be comfortable briefing team plans, status, and technical recommendations to large audiences or individual senior management personnel. The position will require that you create, develop, and maintain project schedules and integrate them using MS Project and Project Server into the IMS.
The position may require experience with critical path analysis and margin analysis. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and maintenance of an enterprise integrated schedule architecture to meet evolving customer needs.
- Project Schedule Creation and Maintenance using MS Project Pro
- Creation of Power Point presentations
- Briefing of project status
- Analysis of project schedules such as critical path
- Adhoc schedule management activities as need to support the team
- Working with project leads to plan and integrate schedules across the group
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Must have experience with MS Project Pro
- Expert in schedule planning tools, specifically MS Project Pro and Server
- Demonstrated experience developing project schedules
- Demonstrated System Engineering or Systems Integration experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Demonstrated customer relationship and presentation skills
- TS/SCI clearance with knowledge/experience working with government
- BS in appropriate discipline
Ability to work in a Government environment as part of a multi-contractor team
Demonstrated System Engineering or Systems Integration experience
- Complete systems engineering tasks related to build out of schedule details. Integrate with architecture and requirements team to maintain enterprise baseline.
- Work independently and lead small teams where appropriate. Demonstrate schedule management and analysis expertise and mentor junior team members.
Job ID 2018-50721
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time