Vencore Requirements / CONOPS Systems Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Advance your career through a breadth of challenging opportunities on the Systems Engineering and Integration for the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) program. Our program is seeking energetic engineers and integrators to lead the transformation of the NSG enterprise from a product-centric system of systems to an online geospatial-intelligence (GEOINT) content and services provider model. The program provides end-to-end, full-lifecycle Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) services, offering career opportunities across the system life-cycle. Be a part of the transformation of this IC customer and join our team today!
This system engineering program contains over 70 technical projects with 550 positions providing team members with considerable flexibility. Employees also have the potential to gain in-depth experience by working side-by-side with respected subject matter experts.
Vencore has a passion for technology and we thrive on innovation and creativity. We are a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics across the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome our customers’ most complex problems.
Vencore is committed to providing employees with professional opportunities for broadening their experience and furthering their career. In addition to the breadth of possibilities available on this program, Vencore’s expansive footprint across the Intelligence Community as well as other markets allows employees to expand their career within their current program or through other challenging opportunities.
Successful candidates must:
- Demonstrate the ability to lead efforts to capture users’ needs by performing requirements elicitation directly with stakeholders, drafting CONOPS, and documenting requirements to implement changes to the NGA and NSG operational baselines
- Serve on integrated cross-functional teams supporting detailed trade studies and Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs)
- Define and document interfaces, system specs and capability requirements
- Conduct end-to-end requirements analysis to ensure systems being implemented comply with IC and NGA standards and policies, and support NSG enterprise control gates
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading joint CONOPS and requirements development for integration and initialization of NTM capabilities into NGA ground enterprise
- Conducting AoA studies to optimize and inform decision making on potential NTM changes (cost/schedule/performance); it is expected there will be at least 3 AoA recommendations on specific issues
- Leading and facilitating large group TEMs with disparate members to reach requirement consensus to capture strategic capabilities for customers, both internal and external
- Tracking and documenting all modifications to the current NGA Enterprise baseline for issues which may affect NTM and providing updates on the NGA architecture whenever a change is proposed
- Performing end-to-end analysis to determine which requirements may already be satisfied by existing systems and which requirements need to be allocated to new or existing systems
- Developing clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, and ensuring proper traceability between different levels of requirements and architecture
- Executing end- to-end joint RFC process to develop new requirements which may impact NGA and the Mission Partner and preparing and coordinating required documentation
- Developing CONOPS for NTM data products and services
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- 16+ years of Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experience (e.g., requirements, CONOPS , architecture, analysis, capabilities implementation, SLC process experience), with 10 years of recent agency-specific experience
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience defining and documenting system Concepts of Operations and documenting functional and performance requirements for NGA systems
- Working knowledge of NGA systems and applications and their interdependencies
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with NSG change management processes (e.g., RFC process)
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- IT credentials and certifications (e.g., DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP and SAFe Agile)
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams
- Experience identifying, developing, and maintaining internal and external system interfaces
- Requirements performance analyses experience
- Rationale DOORs experience
- Experience using MS Office tools to include MS Project and Visio
- Experience using System Architecture
- Excellentwritten, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical forums
Job ID 2018-50415
# of Openings Remaining 2
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time