Vencore Schedule Management Systems Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
LANDMARK Acquisition Office Support (AOS) - Project performs technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total system. Analysis are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
This Schedule Management Systems Engineer position assists the System Program Office (SPO) in developing and maintaining the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) through coordination and analysis of acquisition and enterprise level schedules. Provides updated schedules and status for each acquisition within the SPO and leads a bi-weekly Schedule Review Board for the SPO Director. Supports the Directorate level customer by identifying acquisitions that are required to support end-to-end mission threads and providing updated status and potential risks.Supports the Enterprise level customer by identifying acquistion level schedule data that requires enterprise level visibility. Facilitates and partiipates in schedule related working groups to ensure enterprise level communication and understanding. Authors Requests for Change (RFCs) to establish and maintain an accurate baseline. Reviews internal and external RFCs for data accuracy and identification of schedule dependencies. Reviews and analyzes developer level IMS products during Lifecycle Readiness Events and provides feedback to the acquisition office government team on critical path analysis, closure to support Enterprise events, and overall schedule feasibility. Maintains SPO IMS using the Microsoft Project Enterprise Schedule Server to share relevant deliverables with the larger Enterprise scheduling community and link to critical external dependencies.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Knowledge/experience working in the Intelligence Community
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Strong business acumen and customer relation skills
- Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability to multi task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to facilitate meetings with multi-organizational stakeholders, understanding explicit and implicit deliverables
- Self-starter, proactive in responding to customer needs, ability to work independently and within team environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
- Ability to operate in an extremely dynamic environment
- Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, as needed.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Space domain knowledge
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies
- Proven track record of success within the government, military, or defense industry
- Experience using Microsoft Project Server
- Experience processing Requests for Change (RFCs) through a Configuration Management Process
Job ID 2018-50431
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time