Vencore Scheduler IV in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Assumes the responsibility for the scheduling of technical projects. Involved in one project or numerous projects.Responsibilities include a wide range of duties involving initial job planning, scheduling of time, scheduling of materials, coordination of contractors, monitoring of job progress, analysis of changes, and problem solving. Develops plans including budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for several major portions of a program. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and directs or performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans. Coordinates development and status of program plans. Interfaces with contractors, vendors and customers and performs extensive investigations as required. Produces the contractor's Initial Schedule and then updates the schedule throughout the program. Uses the schedule to analyze the impact of change orders, delays, and any other schedule disruptions. Works very closely with the project manager and the contractors during the preparations and updating of the schedule. Produces critical scheduling information for the project team's use. Monitors performance reports against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met; arranges modifications as required. Conducts schedule analysis, identifies risks issues and provides mitigations recommendations.
Considered an emerging authority, who applies extensive technical expertise. Develops technical solutions to complex problems. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
1) Active TS/SCI clearancew/ Poly
2) Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
3) 8 years with BS/BA, 6 years with MS/MA, or 3 years with PhD2 related profession experience
4) Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
5) Strong written and verbal communication skills
6) Responsible, reliable and flexible
7) Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations and especially Practitioner Certifications
3) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
5) Ability to lead and influence
Job ID 2018-50787
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Program/Project Management
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time