Vencore Senior Colossus Program Manager in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Colossus Program Manager: Responsible for the successful development, implementation, schedule, and cost performance of a major program, or multiple programs, through subordinate program/project managers (non-tech), in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Acquires follow-on business associated with areas of responsibility and supports new business development by leading major proposals personally, or through subordinate program/project managers. Manages a directorate within a division. Has supervisory and developmental responsibilities within a functional area. The program director manages one or more projects or programs, may manage an operating office and supervises professional and technical personnel performing in their customary disciplines. Maintains aggressive efforts to achieve objectives. Acts as a technical liaison with vendors. Trains and supervises personnel. Assists in proposal process and coordinates with Pricing Department when required. Responsible for all phases of the program budget. Performs analysis for contract reviews with various software. Develops Quality Assurance Programs for all products and services. Prepare Staffing Plans, including skill and labor mix, to support contract operations. May be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff. Assign staff and provide technical direction as necessary to complete task. Monitor contract, subcontract, and funding; prepare forecasts of program financial performance. Develop and deliver required contract, departmental, project and/or financial reports.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
As a sub-contractor program manager, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the contract including staffing, financial management, and reporting. He/she will be responsible for overseeing employees. Candidate will direct the work of employees assigned to the program from the technical and administrative areas and provides leadership and mentoring to the team. HE/She will manage their team to ensure proper response to data calls. PM will be responsible for the employment, training and discipline of assigned employees.
- Negotiated Colossus
- Demonstrate the ability to provide staff qualified personnel capable of meeting the work requirements
- Be able to work collaboratively in a multi-contractor/FFRDC environment, conducting Technical Engineering Meetings (TEMs) with acquisition entities to ensure the capture of the total requirements needed for each RFC developed.
- Ensure the team meets all process and procedures comments defined by the Prime.
- Brief senior government customers.
- The contractor PM shall be the onsite individual responsible for the overall program execution and accomplishments as well as the primary POC between the contractor and the government.
- The contractor PM shall be responsible for effectively staffing, managing and executing the daily tasks associated with this SOW. This execution shall incorporate efficiencies in applying the appropriate skill set to task(s) as well as ensuring that quality reporting of technical work is delivered to the Government in a timely manner.
- The contractor PM shall review team plans and documents (e.g. briefing charts for stakeholder TEMs) as needed to ensure alignment with customer needs and expectations.
- The contractor PM shall develop action plans to address known/emerging issues; Coordinate with customer for concurrence where appropriate.
- The contractor PM shall develop/support, coordinate and deliver responses to high priority support requirements.
Job ID 2018-50892
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time