Vencore Software Engineer Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The software engineer will work in a small team of developers to deliver custom software applications for the end user. The individual designs or customizes software to optimize operational efficiency for data management applications. Analyzes/designs databases within an application area--either on a team or individually. Researches, designs, develops and tests operating system-level software and compilers.
- Research and development experience with details on progression of ideas to production systems
- Rapid prototyping development experience
- Experience with Java development with proven customer examples
- Experience with Linux in software development environment
- Previous on-site, development experience
- TS/SCI with Poly required
- Experience with graph database
- Experience with front end decoupled user interfaces
- Experience with React, Angular and/or View.js
- Experience with dependency mangement tools, such as Maven
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related scientific/technical discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2018-50697
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time