Vencore Systems Architect IV in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Program is seeking a full time Architect to assist with customer acrhitecture in a cloud enviornment. This includeds helping customers with requirements and analyzing architecture needs. Additionaly, the engineer will assist with process improvments adn ad hoc systems engineering tasks. Work with customers to understand architecture cloud computing needs. Identify and evaluate issues and roadblocks as appropriate. Work with Amazon architects to ensure customer's architecture is optimal. Support customer reviews and metrics of cloud adoption.
Performs Technical Planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system products to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operations, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
1. Facilitate TEMs with Customers and SMEs as needed
2. Report issues and roadblocks to cloud adoption to Senior Management
3. Identify and resolve process and technical challenges
4. Create Architecture Views
5. Work across SE disciplines
6. Define future ISP roadmaps
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
1) Active TS/SCI clearance w/ Poly
2) Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
3) BS/BA, Minimum of 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD degree related profession experience
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations and especially Practitioner Certifications
3) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
5) Ability to lead and influence
Job ID 2018-50818
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time